- Health Care
- Thrift Shop
St. Christopher's Historic Timeline
After completion of St. Paul’s Friary in 1900, Wayfarers seeking food and shelter were housed in the woodshed and shoe shop of the Friary.
Fr. Paul begins using the name “Brothers Christopher” for the wayfarers seeking assistance. This is the term originally used by the Sisters of the Atonement.
Fr. Paul begins using the chicken coop to house wayfarers
seeking food and shelter. This was the first designated space
for the wayfarers. A picture of the “chicken coop” appears in
the Lamp Magazine - December 1910.
Barracks bought for $2500 from Camp Merritt, N.J. to give the wayfarers more suitable lodging. Originally planned to be placed at St. Anthony’s Farm, it was actually placed just below the top of the Graymoor hill where it has remained to the present.
Construction completed for the barracks at a cost of $6500, including the foundation. Lamp Magazine to solicit funds for this project.
Shack added for additional housing.
Addition added at back of the Inn.
The foundations for the new Inn were begun in 1929 with final completion in April 1933 at a cost of $60,000. Once again The Lamp Magazine was used for solicitation of funds.
New wing added to building.
AA Meetings become a regular occurrence at the Inn.
Matt Talbot Hall completed. This is the reception and processing center for new arrivals.
Basic counseling, referral and medical services initiated at the Inn.
Mission Statement for St. Christopher’s Inn approved by the General Council.
The $5.5 million dollar expansion and renovation begun in October 1991 was completed with the dedication on St. Francis Day. (Friars reserves were used to fund this project).
OASAS license for Outpatient Alcoholism Counseling received in April 1996, effective January 1, 1996.
OASAS license for Medically Supervised Ambulatory Substance Abuse Out -patient Treatment Program received.
Article 28 license receive from DOH for Diagnostic and Treatment Center Services, (retroactive to December 16, 1999).
Board of Directors established for St. Christopher’s Inn