Updated – September, 2020
Please Read These Important Updates Regarding COVID-19
St. Christopher’s Inn is open and currently accepting new clients into all levels of care.
In order to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff, all prospective clients are being thoroughly COVID-screened and cleared according to CDC, WHO & NYSDOH guidelines prior to admission to our Residential & Shelter program. Although we fast-track clients who have been COVID cleared and under care at other inpatient facilities for at least 7 days, all in need are invited to contact us.
To speak to a caring Admissions Specialist today, call us at (845) 335-1020, 335-1022, or 335-1027 or click here.
For Tele-practice Information, please see: https://stchristophersinn-graymoor.org/telepractice/
Please see below for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. What precautions are we here at St. Christopher’s taking to reduce our risk of exposure to COVID-19?
The ability to continue providing life-saving treatment while protecting our clients (whom we call Brothers Christopher) is because of the dedication of the front line staff and heroes here at St. Christopher’s Inn, unified in fight to help save the lives of those suffering from addiction. Every day we make a choice to honor the mission of the Friars of the Atonement, notably That Nothing and No One Be Lost, especially when times get tough. Tough times require tough responses, planning and responsible action.
The staff here at St. Christopher’s Inn is fully committed to taking all necessary measures to keep clients and staff healthy and safe. Please be aware that we are taking the following safety precautions in response to recent concerns and events:
- Implementing a thorough screening process based on CDC, WHO, NYSDOH & Putnam County DOH guidelines for prospective clients prior to admission.
- Strengthening sanitation measures throughout our facilities with frequent sanitizing of workstations, computers, and phones in common work areas. Using Negative Pressure ventilation in common living, sleeping, treatment and dining areas.
- Implementing a documented daily screening process for staff and visitors, advising staff to refrain from entering our facilities if they have exhibited any symptoms until medically cleared.
- Empowering our clients and staff to stay informed regarding best practices in preventing the virus’s spread, including frequent handwashing, frequent reminders to avoid touching your face, and more. See the CDC’s full list of Prevention Measures.
- Implement twice daily temperature/symptom checks for all Brothers Christopher (clients).
- Prepared with the most up-to-date prevention, isolation and quarantine protocols.
2. What will my first 24-48 hours be like?
Be ready! Be Patient! Be Safe! Because we care for your health and that of all our staff and Brothers Christopher, you will be closely monitored by our medical team for symptoms the first 24-48 hours of your arrival, in a separate and comfortable living area. Once cleared, you may join your brothers-at-large! Of course, your orientation and treatment begin immediately!
3. Am I allowed visitors?
In our continuous efforts to keep everyone at St. Christopher’ as safe and healthy as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have limited visitation for our Brothers Christopher.
However Family Visitation, can be scheduled on a limited basis; family visitation is supervised and conducted outside or in an open area allowing for physical distancing. Loved ones can always leave messages via phone or communicate via scheduled “virtual” visitation.
4. Can my loved one(s) still bring me to treatment?
In order to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible, we are minimizing the number of individuals allowed to enter our facility. The Admissions Team will provide you with arrival and transportation (preferably door-to-door) instructions. We also ask that you say your “goodbyes” outside and that the client enters the facility alone. Our staff will welcome him inside.