There are several opportunities for the men at St. Christopher’s Inn to benefit from vocational services, which are offered in addition to their regular addiction treatment services.
- A vocational/educational lecture series covers topics including résumé writing, interviewing skills and searching for employment. Clients are also given one-on-one assistance with creating or revising their resume, practicing interviewing skills and addressing barriers to employment.
- The Solutions To End Homelessness Program (STEHP) coordinator at St. Christopher’s Inn works closely with each client’s assigned counselor to help identify and assist clients with their individual needs related to vocation, education and housing.
- The Math Skills program helps men to enhance their computing skills and provides supplemental instruction in math.
- The Literacy Program provides assistance for men who have difficulty with reading, reading comprehension and writing. These men receive individual assistance to complete treatment assignments.
- The Computer Program provides basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, email and navigating the Internet.