Thrift & Antique Shop
The “That Nothing Be Lost” Thrift & Antique Shop is located in one of the oldest buildings on the grounds of Graymoor. Constructed in 1916, the gray stone building is located across from St. Christopher’s Inn, and has served in various capacities throughout the years.
Today, the building proudly reflects the loving care it has been given since it became the Thrift & Antique Shop. The shop offers four floors of merchandise—from collectibles to necessities; antiques to art selections; everyday items to seasonal bric-a-brac; gently used clothing, shoes, and sports equipment; furniture, glassware and linens—it is a shopper’s paradise.
All merchandise offered at the shop comes from tax-deductible donations and all revenues are used to support St. Christopher’s Inn and its residents.
In addition, the Thrift & Antique Shop provides vocational experience for the St. Christopher’s Inn residents. Whether it is restoring scratched pieces of donated furniture, researching the value of donated items or providing assistance to customers, the Thrift & Antique Shop gives men the opportunity to develop retail skills, to interact with the public and to build their self-esteem.
The shop is open Tuesday through Sunday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Donations for the Thrift & Antique Shop are accepted Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 until 3:00 PM ONLY. To make your donation process go smoothly, here are some tips for checking the items you plan to donate:
- Check your items before donating to make sure all are items you want to give to the Thrift Shop.
- Check pockets of clothing for jewelry, money and any other items, and remove them before donating.
- Separate clothing into separate bags/boxes from the household items.
- Check to ensure that items you are donating are not soiled, stained or ripped.
- Test electrical equipment and battery-operated items to make sure they work.
- Include all pieces and parts to games, toys and household appliances.